In Kenya, the roadtrip fleet consists of the Toyota Hilux Double Cab, the Toyota Landcruiser GX 80 series and the Toyota Landcruiser stretched.
The Hilux is our most comfortable car category. With the largest booth space, this vehicle is ideal to take out on a bush camping trip when travelling with 4 persons.
Read our specification sheet and know what to expect when renting a car from Roadtrip Kenya.
Toyota Hilux car specifications
- Model: Toyota Hilux Double Cab D-4D
- Year of Manufacture: 2012-2018
- Capacity: four window seats.
- Gearbox: manual
- Engine: 2982cc, 4-Cylinder, DOHC 16v, VN, Turbo Inter cooler, Common Rail Direct Injection (D4-D)
- Tank capacity: 76 Litre
- Fuel consumption: 9/10 km /L.
- 4Wheel Drive: 4x4, H and L range and rear diff lock. How to engage the 4WD is explained in the practical information booklet in your vehicle.
- Spare tyres: 1
- Tyre pressure: depending on number of people and load, 3.5 PSI in the front and 4.0 PSI in the back. You don’t need to do anything further with this. The tyre pressure comes well adjusted.
The interior and tools
- Pop up roof: no
- Inverter: yes
- Water tank: no
- A/C: yes
- Radio/CD with small speakers and USB and audio port. Bring your own audio cable to play music from your phone.
- GPS built in: no
- Booth: the Hilux has a durable and practical bush canopy with drawer system and side opening. Nevertheless, we advise to pack your luggage in soft duffle bags as they pack easier than suitcases. The vehicle can accommodate 5 persons with camp gear and private luggage.
- Tools: wheel spanner, towing rope, jumper cables, high-lift jack, shuffle, fire extinguisher, reflector triangles, first aid kit, latest Lonely Planet Guide, roadmap, Roadtrip Kenya practical information manual.
Do you want to go on a self-drive adventure in Kenya? Check availability and secure your Toyota Hilux by filling out the bookings form here.