Camp gear rental Roadtrip Kenya
We can equip your Toyota Landcruiser with a rooftop tent. Or you hire a dome tent with the Landcruiser or RAV4. The costs are USD 25 / day for the roof top tent or USD 5 per person / per day for the dome tent.
A full set of quality camp gear consists of the following items:
- Tent (dome tent or rooftent)
- Folding foam mattresses
- Blanket or sleeping bag, pillows and bedsheets
- Table and chairs
- Cool box (not electrical)
- Gas tank & burner, BBQ roaster
- RVS cups, plates & bowls
- Cooking pots, frying pans
- cutlery set with forks, knives, spoons, can opener, cork screw
- Coffee percolator
- Cutting board
- Dish towel, detergent, washing line & pegs
- Headlights and solar table lamp
What to take on safari - ground tent or rooftop tent?
Can't decide? Read our blog about the pro's & con's of a rooftop tent versus a dome tent.
Why you should go camping in Kenya
Whether you are on a budget, love the bush, or just don't want to have to book your accommodation ahead of time.....roadtripping with a full set of camping gear in the back of your rental car gives you all the freedom you want for your adventure in Kenya.
Kenya is becoming more suitable for a camping holiday. There' a growing number of campgrounds popping up all over the country, ranging from basic bush campsites inside the Masai Mara Triangle to a private campground operated by a lodge, near Nakuru. enabling you to stay at a secured site with good amenities whilst sleeping for a dime.
Campsites do not require any advance arrangements - most of them can't even be booked in advance. Refer to our accommodation page for a list of our favorite campsites in Kenya. Also, the Lonely Planet that comes with your Roadtrip Kenya rental car has detailed and updated information about most campsites.
Our Top 5 Camping spots in Kenya:
5. Cheetah Campsite in Lumo Wildlife Community Sanctuary. Call in advance so they can prepare your arrival, but you'll wake up with magnificent views over the hills.
4. The River Special Campsite or Isiolo River Campsite at Buffalo Springs National Reserve is a perfect wilderness camp, with shady trees, close to the (action packed) river and absolutely no facilitates.
3. Sandai Farm is the perfect base if you are looking for an affordable camp to visit places like Ol Pejeta, Solio Game Reserve or Aberdare NP. They also have rooms.
2. Makalia Public Campsite in Lake Nakuru NP has renovated facilities, near the waterfalls and next to the southern shore where the Rhinos can be seen. There are showers and tap water. Hot water is scarse.
1. Oloololo Public Campsite in the Masai Mara Triangle is the queen of wilderness campsites, as you are in the middle of the Masai Mara, with nothing else then you, your camp, your car and the wildlife around you. Thrilling!