Spec sheet: Toyota Hilux Double Cabin
If you're looking for more comfort during your road trip in Kenya, then the Toyota Double Cabin Hilux is the car to rent. Compared to the classic Toyota Landcruiser (which can be a bit bumpy and noisy when driving at high speed), the Hilux drives smoother on asphalt roads as well as off road.
We've customised the Hilux with extra high suspension, bigger 16-inch Mud Terrain wheels to create high ground clearance. The car has a well working A/C and is equipped with a canopy on the back for easy storage and access to camping equipment and luggage. On request, also two rooftop tents can be mounted, so our Hilux can accommodate a travel group of 4 people on their camping safari in Kenya. The perfect all-round bush camping vehicle.
Read our specification sheet and know what to expect when renting a car from Roadtrip Kenya.
Toyota Hilux car specifications
- Model: Toyota Hilux Double Cab D-4D
- Year of Manufacture: 2012 Ex Uk
- Capacity: four window seats. For travels with 5 people, 2 adults in the front, 3 children in the back.
- Modification: Increased suspension, bigger 16-inch Mud Terrain wheels and high ground clearance.
- Gearbox: manual/Stick Shift
- Engine: 2500cc, 4-Cylinder, DOHC 16v, VN, Turbo Inter cooler, Common Rail Direct Injection (D4-D)
- Tank capacity: 76 Litre
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel consumption: 9-10 km /L.
- 4Wheel Drive: 4x4, H and L range and rear diff lock. How to engage the 4WD is explained in the practical information booklet in your vehicle.
- Spare tyres: 1
- Tyre pressure: depending on number of people and load, 35 PSI in the front and 40 PSI in the back. The tyre pressure comes well adjusted. On the road, check the tyre pressure when refuelling.
The interior and tools
- Pop up roof: no
- Inverter: no
- Water tank: no
- A/C: yes
- Radio with USB and audio port. Bring your own audio cable to play music from your phone.
- GPS built in: no
- Boot: the Hilux has a canopy with drawer system and side opening. .
- Tools: wheel spanner, towing rope, jumper cables, high-lift jack, shuffle, fire extinguisher, reflector triangles, first aid kit, latest Lonely Planet Guide, roadmap, Roadtrip Kenya practical information manual.
- The Hilux can fit two rooftop tents and hence sleep 4 people.
Do you want to go on a self-drive adventure in Kenya? Check availability and secure your Toyota Hilux by filling out the bookings form here.