Roadtrip Kenya - T&C car rental with driver
1. “RTK” “Roadtrip Kenya”or the “Owner” means Roadtrip Rentals Limited
“You” or the “Hirer” means the person(s) who have signed the Rental Agreement;
The “Rental Agreement” means the rental agreement made between You and the Owner;
The ‘’Driver ’’ means the person driving the car, appointed by RTK.
“RTK Insurance” means the insurance policy of RTK;
“Vehicle” means the vehicle which is rented by you, as described in your online reservation form.
2. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle on the agreed date, as specified in your online reservation form, before 7:00 PM, unless the Owner has specifically agreed otherwise. No refunds shall be given for early returns.
3. The Vehicle shall be operated by the RTK driver only. Other terms and conditions apply in case of self-drive rentals.
4. Any losses or serious damages of the camping gear shall be charged to the Hirer at replacement value.
5. The Vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel - petrol for Toyota RAV4 and diesel for Toyota Landcruiser - and shall be returned to the Owner with a full tank in order to prevent refueling charges.
6. The Hirer is required to fill up on fuel only at larger gas stations, such as Shell and Total. In some of the smaller gas stations, fuel can be mixed with other liquids or additives, which may seriously damage the Vehicle’s engine.
7. In case of a mechanical breakdown of the Vehicle which cannot be repaired within 24 hours, a replacement Vehicle will be provided and paid for by the Owner on the shortest term possible.
8. The RTK Insurance follows and incorporates the terms and conditions of Sanlam General Insurance. Personal injury and/or belongings of the Hirer are not covered and fall under your medical and travel insurance.
II. Restricted areas & recommendations
9. Hirers and drivers are NOT allowed to drive our vehicles in Northern Kenya. This is the entire area north of Mount Elgon – Lake Baringo – Samburu NR – Shaba NR and north of Malindi. Our vehicles are equipped with car trackers. No compliance to this clause means breach of contract, full liability and loss of security bond.
10. RTK strongly recommends NOT driving before sunrise (approx. 6.30 AM) and after sunset (approx. 6.30 PM).
11. The Hirer is not allowed to cross any international borders without prior written approval from the Owner and additional insurance coverage through the issuance of a valid COMESA yellow card.
III. Booking and payment details
12. Payments for car rental only can be made in cash on arrival or with Credit card through Direct Pay Online. RTK accepts Kenyan Shillings, Euro’s and US Dollars notes which are printed after 2003.
Payments can be made by Credit card through Direct Pay Online, for which we send you a payment link. The 3.7% administration costs charged by Direct Pay Online are forwarded to the Hirer.
13. Your Online Car Rental Agreement serves as invoice. Once the invoice is cleared, you receive a payment receipt.
IV. Booking and payment details accommodated roadtrips
14. A deposit of 50% is required to confirm to confirm the booking and reserve the lodges. The invoice with the remaining amount is due one month before departure. Payments are made by Credit card through Direct Pay Online. The 3.7% administration costs charged by Direct Pay Online are forwarded to the Hirer.
15. Your Online Car Rental Agreement serves as invoice. Once the invoice is cleared, you receive a payment receipt.
V. Cancellation policy accommodated roadtrips
a. after confirmation, loss of 30%
b. 14 days – 30 days before arrival: 50% of invoice
c. < 14 days: 100% of total payable.