Visa and insurance
How do I arrange my tourist visa to Madagascar?
All nationalities can buy a tourist visa on arrival. At the time of writing (Feb 2018), a visa valid for 30 days costs € 31 and a visa valid for up to 60 days € 39. Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months. Bring your yellow fever vaccination card.
Do I need an international driving license in Madagascar?
Yes, you need an international driving license which you can obtain in yourcountry of residence.
Is insurance included with the car rental?
The Roadtrip Madagascar rental car is comprehensive insured with Assurance Aro against damage as a result of accident or fire, and third party liability to property and bodily injury due to a car accident. There's a maximum own risk of € 250, not covered by the insurance. Tires, underbody coverage and windows are not covered by the insurance. The hirer is fully liable for any damage to the Roadtrip Madagascar rental car and / or third party property, if:
- Driving in excess of speed limits.
- Single vehicle incidents or rollover (these are always considered a result of reckless driving).
- Damage to the vehicle caused by lack of proper care / maintenance of the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving on restricted roads / areas.
Personal injury and possessions are not covered and fall under your medical and travel insurance.
You can consult our terms and conditions here.