Terms and conditions for car hire with a driver
1. “RTA” or the “Owner” means Roadtrip Africa BV
“You” or the “Hirer” means the person(s) who have signed the Rental Agreement;
The “Rental Agreement” means the rental agreement made between You and the Owner;
The ''Driver’’ means the person driving the car, appointed by RTA;
“RTA Insurance” means the insurance policy of RTA;
“Vehicle” means the vehicle which is rented by you, as described in your online reservation form.
2. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle on the agreed date, as specified in your online reservation form, before 7:00 PM, unless the Owner has specifically agreed otherwise. No refunds shall be given for early returns.
3. The Vehicle shall be operated by the RTA driver only. Other terms and conditions apply in case of self-drive rentals.
4. Any losses or serious damages of the camping gear shall be charged to the Hirer at replacement value.
5. The Vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel - petrol for Toyota RAV4 and diesel for Toyota Landcruiser - and shall be returned to the Owner with a full tank in order to prevent refueling charges.
6. The Hirer is required to fill up on fuel only at larger gas stations, such as Shell and Total. In some of the smaller gas stations, fuel can be mixed with other liquids or additives, which may seriously damage the Vehicle’s engine.
7. RTA strongly recommends NOT driving before sunrise (approx. 6.30 AM) and after sunset (approx. 6.30 PM).
8. The Hirer is not allowed to cross any international borders without prior written approval from the Owner and additional insurance coverage through the issuance of a valid COMESA yellow card.
9. In case of a mechanical breakdown of the Vehicle which cannot be repaired within 24 hours, a replacement Vehicle will be provided and paid for by the Owner on the shortest term possible.
10. The vehicle is comprehensive insured with Maxinsure Ltd. Personal injury and/or belongings of the Hirer are not covered and fall under your medical and travel insurance.
II Booking and payment details
11. When you have accepted the contract, we send you an invoice which should be paid latest two weeks before departure date.The invoice can be paid cash on arrival and online by Credit Card, Bank transfer or Ideal (Dutch customers only). Bank transfers involving foreign currency exchange work out cheaper when using Transferwise or Revolut instead of your own bank.