We drive the classic Toyota Landcruiser in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
Our vehicles are well maintained but NOT new, so the quality of the audio or A/C is not comparable to a new car you might drive at home or have rented in Southern Africa where the roads are better and import tax is lower. The Landcruisers you see in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania are made for the bush.
See our spec sheet and know what to expect when renting a car from Roadtrip Africa.
- Model: Toyota Landcruiser HZJ 78 “stretched” (troop carrier)
- Year of manufacture: 1995-2007
- Engine: 1HZ 6 cylinders engine
- Capacity: 6 seats
- Gearbox: Manual
- Spare tyres: 2
- Tyre pressure: depending on the road conditions (Standard 3.0 PSI in front and 3.0 PSI in the back).
- 4Wheel Drive: Differs per vehicle. Engaging the 4WD is explained in the info folders in your vehicle.
- Tools: Wheel spanner, Tow rope, Jumper cables, Hydraulic bottle jack.
- Fuel intake: Diesel
- Fuel Tanks: 2
- Tank capacity: 2 x 90 Litres
- Fuel consumption: 1 litre on 6 to 7 km, depending on driving style and terrain.
- Extra watertank: no. Water is available everywhere. stock up for a day or two and you'll be fine.
- Air intake: snorkel
- Speakers: small ones (not very good)
- Air conditioning: only in the front