Spec sheet: Toyota Hilux Double Cab
If you are looking for extra comfort during your road trip in Uganda, then the Hilux is the car to rent. These pre-loved cars are manufactured between 2005 and 2015, have very high ground clearance and big wheels, A/C, and provide more comfort for its passengers when driving on asphalt roads compared to our classic Toyota Landcruisers, which can be a bit bumpy and noisy when driving at high speed. The Hilux is also equipped with a canopy on the back for easy access to camping equipment and luggage.
Read our specification sheet and know what to expect when renting a car from Roadtrip Uganda.
- Model: Toyota Hilux Vigo
- Year of Manufacture: 2005 - 2015
- Capacity: Five seats. When camping, the vehicle can accommodate 4 persons with camp gear and luggage.
- Gearbox: Manual
- Engine: 1KD 4 cylinder engine
- Tank capacity: 80 Litre
- Fuel consumption: 7-8 km /L.
- 4Wheel Drive: How to engage the 4WD is explained in the practical information booklet in your vehicle.
- Spare tyres: 1
- Tyre pressure: Depending on number of people and load, 30 PSI in the front and 35 PSI in the back. You don’t need to do anything further with this. The tyre pressure comes well adjusted.
The interior and tools
- Pop up roof: No
- Inverter: No
- Water tank: No
- A/C: Yes
- Audio: Radio with small speakers and USB and audio port. Bring your own audio cable to play music from your phone.
- Boot/ Canopy: The canopy has adequate space. We advise to pack your luggage in soft duffle bags as they pack easier than suitcases. If your travel group is five, we advise to pack light to fit your luggage comfortably.
- Tools: Wheel spanner, towing rope, jumper cables, bottle jack
- Extras: Bradt Travel Guide, roadmap, Roadtrip Uganda's practical information manual.
Roadtrippers enjoying their self-drive camping safari, here camping at Lake Mburo public camp site.
Do you want to go on a self-drive adventure in Uganda? Check availability and secure your car rental by filling out the bookings form here.