Spec sheet: Toyota Land Cruiser - Classic
In Uganda we drive the Toyota Land Cruiser box model. It does not come with a pop up roof, but you can take a roof top tent and comfortably fit 4 people when you travel with camping equipment, as it has a large booth.
Please take note that our vehicles are well maintained but NOT new, so the driving comfort and quality of the audio or A/C is not comparable to a new car you might drive at home or have rented in Southern Africa, where the roads tend to be in better condition and are very accommodating for self-drive, therefore putting much less wear and tear on the vehicles. You will not find new Landcruiser for self-drive rentals in Uganda. The Landcruisers you see on the roads in Uganda, can be twenty years old, with no or as little electronics as possible, and are made for slower travel in the bush.
Read our specification sheet and know what to expect when renting a car from Roadtrip Uganda.
- Model: Toyota Land Cruiser 70
- Year of Manufacture: 1992 - 2005
- Capacity: Five seats. If you are going with camping equipment, the vehicle can accommodate 4 people with camp gear and luggage.
- Gearbox: Manual
- Engine: 1PZ 5 cylinder engine
- Tank capacity: 80 Litre
- Fuel consumption: 7-8 km /L.
- 4Wheel Drive: Differs per vehicle. How to engage the 4WD is explained in the practical information booklet in your vehicle.
- Spare tyres: 1
- Tyre pressure: Depending on number of people and load, 30 PSI in the front and 35 PSI in the back. You don’t need to do anything further with this. The tyre pressure comes well adjusted.
The interior and tools
- Pop up roof: No
- Inverter: No
- Water tank: No
- A/C: No. Reason being that the A/C can get blocked easily as a result of the bumpy and dusty roads, and it's very challenging to fix this in the bush. Drive with your windows open.
- Audio: Radio with small speakers and USB and audio port. Bring your own audio cable to play music from your phone.
- Boot: The boot has adequate space. We advise to pack your luggage in soft duffle bags as they pack easier than suitcases. If your travel group is five, we advise to pack light to fit your luggage comfortably.
- Tools: Wheel spanner, towing rope, jumper cables, bottle jack
- Extras: Bradt Travel Guide, roadmap, Roadtrip Uganda's practical information manual.
Do you want to go on a self-drive adventure in Uganda? Check availability and secure your car rental by filling out the bookings form here.