Spec sheet: Toyota Rav4
The Toyota RAV4 is Uganda's most widely used 4x4, and the car to choose if you are looking for a reliable budget option. It's easy and economical to drive, and also provides great comfort when driving at higher speed (max 100 km/hour), on the main asphalt roads.
Take note the RAV's are not suited to travel on the tough roads to Kidepo and Karamajo. There are restrictions on where we allow our RAV4s to visit. You can find details of the restricted areas here.
As mentioned on several other places on the website, also our RAV4 vehicles are NOT new, so the driving comfort and quality of the audio or A/C is not comparable to a new car you might drive at home or have rented in Southern Africa, where the roads tend to be in better condition and are very accommodating for self-drive, therefore putting much less wear and tear on the vehicles.
- Model: Toyota RAV4
- Year of Manufacture: 1994 - 1999
- Capacity for 5-door model: Five seats. When camping, the vehicle can accommodate 3 people with camp gear and luggage.
- Capacity for 3-door model: Four seats. When camping, the vehicle can accommodate 2 people with camp gear and luggage.
- Gearbox: Automatic
- Engine: 2.5-liter four-cylinder
- Tank capacity: 55 Litre
- Fuel consumption: 7-8 km /L.
- 4Wheel Drive: The RAV4 is in permanent all wheel drive, so there is no option to switch 4WD on or off.
- Spare tyres: 1
- Tyre pressure: Depending on number of people and load, 30 PSI in the front and 35 PSI in the back. You don’t need to do anything further with this. The tyre pressure comes well adjusted.
The little 3-door Toyota RAV4, reliable and easy and economic to drive.
The interior and tools
- Pop up roof: No
- Inverter: No
- Water tank: No
- A/C: Yes
- Audio: Radio with small speakers and USB and audio port. Bring your own audio cable to play music from your phone.
- Boot: The boot is small. We advise to pack your luggage in soft duffle bags as they pack easier than suitcases. Please pack extra light in order to fit your luggage comfortably.
- Extras: Bradt Travel Guide, roadmap, Roadtrip Uganda's practical information manual.
Do you want to go on a self-drive adventure in Uganda? Check availability and secure your car rental by filling out the bookings form here.
Roadtrippers at the beautifull Kigezi Highlands, in Southwestern Uganda, close to Mutanda Lake Resort.