Uganda COVID-19 Updates
Read below about Uganda's covid travel regulations. We continuously keep this page up-to-date.
Entry requirements for vaccinated travelers
- There are no specific requirements as to which type of vaccination is required. A minimum of 2 doses is considered ''fully'' vaccinated.
- Uganda does not require any PCR or Rapid test for fully vaccinated travelers, a vaccination certificate is sufficient to enter and leave the country.
- Your vaccination certificate must have a QR-code.
- Please make sure to check if any of your transit destinations, airline company or next destinations require any form of Covid19 testing.
Entry requirements for travelers who are not (fully) vaccinated
- A negative Covid19 PCR test result, not older than 72 hours (4 days) before arrival.
- To exit the country, a negative Covid19 PCR test result not older than 72 hours before departure.
Where can I get a PCR test done in Uganda?
There are reputable laboratories that offer walk in, drive through or even at home/ at your hotel testing service. We recommend TestXpress and Test and Fly. Labs are open 24/7, appointments can easily be made online, and same-day results are possible.
How to get an Uganda Tourist Visa
You need to apply for your Visa well in advance and online, via this link.
Under Visa, you can choose one of the following options:
- Ordinary - a single entry tourist visa valid for 3 months.
- East Africa Tourist Visa - which you can use to cross to Kenya and Rwanda.
- Multiple Entry visa - if you plan to be in and out of the country multiple times in 6 to 12 months.
Yellow Fever vaccination
A Yellow Fever vaccination card is required for all persons traveling to Uganda from the age of 1 year and above. A Yellow Fever vaccine provides lifelong protection. If you reach the airport and you don’t have one, there is a chance of taking the vaccine and getting the card right from there but it's incredibly expensive and since you’d have no choice, you will have to take it regardless of the price. So we advise you to get the vaccine before you leave your home country.