How to get a Ugandan Tourist Visa
Do I need a visa to enter Uganda? Yes. Just like traveling to any other country, you will need a visa before you enter Uganda.This can no longer be done on arrival. You need to apply for your Visa well in advance and online, via this link.
Under Visa, you can choose one of the following options:
- Ordinary - a single entry tourist visa valid for 3 months. USD $50.
- East Africa Tourist Visa - which you can use to cross to Kenya and Rwanda. USD $100.
- Multiple Entry visa - if you plan to be in and out of the country multiple times in 6 to 12 months.
- Diplomatic & official - if you want to give your visit a political twist.
- Transit - if you are transiting, but want to exit the airport. This is not necessary for people who are just changing flights.
You need to print your approved application and bring it with you upon arrival to Uganda.
What are the required vaccinations for Uganda
A Yellow Fever vaccination card is required for all persons traveling to Uganda from the age of 1 year and above. A yellow fever vaccine provides lifelong protection. If you reach the airport and you don’t have one, there is a chance of taking the vaccine and getting the card right from there but its incredibly expensive and since you’d have no choice, you will have to take it regardless of the price. So we advise you to get the vaccine before you leave your home country.