Looking for a budget car to rent in Uganda
Looking for a cheap and reliable car to rent on your travels in Uganda? The Toyota RAV4 is Uganda's most widely used 4x4 and the car to choose if you are looking for a reliable budget option. Sporty, compact and robust, as well as easy and economical to drive. It’s automatic and in permanent four-wheel-drive. Fuel consumption is very low compared to the Landcruiser: around 10-12 km/liter.
Take note the RAV's are not geared for travel to Kidepo National Park and Karamajo. You can find details of the restricted areas here.
Read our specification sheet and know what to expect when renting a car from Roadtrip Africa.
Toyota RAV4 Specifications
- Model: Toyota RAV4
- Capacity for 5-door model: Five seats. When camping, the vehicle can accommodate 3 people with camp gear and luggage.
- Capacity for 3-door model: Four seats. When camping, the vehicle can accommodate 2 people with camp gear and luggage.
- Gearbox: Automatic
- Engine: 2.5-liter four-cylinder
- Tank capacity: 55 Litre
- Fuel: Petrol
- Fuel consumption: 10-12 km /L.
- 4Wheel Drive: The RAV4 is in permanent all wheel drive, so there is no option to switch 4WD on or off.
- Spare tyres: 1
- Tyre pressure: Depending on number of people and load, 30 PSI in the front and 35 PSI in the back. You don’t need to do anything further with this. The tyre pressure comes well adjusted.
The little 3-door Toyota RAV4.
The interior and tools
- Pop up roof: No
- Inverter: No
- Dual battery (for fridge): No (not possible to add fridge).
- Water tank: No
- A/C: Yes. Please note that we don’t do field repairs or send a replacement vehicle in the rare case there are problems with the A/C. Wiring and piping are sensitive and suffer from bumpy roads and dust. The knowledge and equipment to repair A/C's are sadly not available in the field.
- Audio: Radio with small speakers and USB and audio port. Bring your own audio cable (mini jack) to play music from your phone.
- Booth: The booth is small. We advise to pack your luggage in soft duffle bags as they pack easier than suitcases. Please pack extra light in order to fit your luggage comfortably.
- Extras: Bradt Travel Guide, roadmap, Roadtrip Uganda's practical information manual.
Are you looking for a budget car to hire in Uganda? Check availability and get in touch by filling out the bookings form here.
Roadtrippers at the beautifull Kigezi Highlands, in Southwestern Uganda, close to Mutanda Lake Resort.