Roadtrip Uganda Terms & Conditions - car hire with driver
Terms & conditions for car rentals with a driver
1. “RTU” or the “Owner” means Roadtrip Uganda Limited
“You” or the “Hirer” means the person(s) who have signed the Rental Agreement;
The “Rental Agreement” means the rental agreement made between You and the Owner;
The ‘’Driver ’’ means the person driving the car, appointed by RTU.
“RTU Insurance” means the insurance policy of RTU;
“Vehicle” means the vehicle which is rented by you, as described in your online reservation form.
2. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle on the agreed date, as specified in your online reservation form, before 7:00 PM, unless the Owner has specifically agreed otherwise. No refunds shall be given for early returns.
3. The Vehicle shall be operated by the RTU driver only. Other terms and conditions apply in case of self-drive rentals.
4. Any losses or serious damages of the camping gear shall be charged to the Hirer at replacement value.
5. The Vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel - petrol for Toyota RAV4 and diesel for Toyota Landcruiser and Hilux - and shall be returned to the Owner with a full tank in order to prevent refueling charges.
6. The Hirer is required to fill up on fuel only at larger gas stations, such as Shell and Total. In some of the smaller gas stations, fuel can be mixed with other liquids or additives, which may seriously damage the Vehicle’s engine.
7. RTU strongly recommends NOT driving before sunrise (approx. 6.30 AM) and after sunset (approx. 19:00 PM)
8. The Hirer is not allowed to cross any international borders without prior written approval from the Owner and additional insurance coverage through the issuance of a valid COMESA yellow card.
9. In case of a mechanical breakdown of the Vehicle which cannot be repaired within 24 hours, a replacement Vehicle will be provided and paid for by the Owner in the shortest term possible.
10. The RTU Insurance follows and incorporates the terms and conditions of Sanlam General Insurance Uganda. Personal injury and/or belongings of the Hirer are not covered and fall under your medical and travel insurance.
II. Payment details and cancelation policy
Car rental only
11. When you have signed the contract, we send you an invoice which should be paid latest two weeks before the departure date. The invoice can be paid online by Credit Card, Bank transfer or Ideal ( Dutch customer only). There are no refunds in case of a last-minute cancelation or rescheduling, which is 14 days before your departure date or less. Take out travel insurance or cancelation insurance, if you want to be covered.
Car rental tours with accommodation
12. A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to confirm the booking, reserve the lodges and purchase the permits. The invoice with the remaining amount is due 14 days before departure. There are no refunds in case of a last-minute cancelation or rescheduling. Take out travel insurance or cancelation insurance, if you want to be covered.
Payments can be made by Credit Card, Bank transfer or Ideal ( Dutch customer only).
IV. Cancellation policy gorilla and chimp permits
13. For gorilla and chimpansee trekking permits, we adopt the cancelation policy of the Uganda Wildlife Authority:
a. 3 months / 91 days before trekking date: 70% refund
b. 46 - 90 days: 50%
c. 9 - 45 days: 25%
d. 0 - 8 days: no refund