Roadtrip Uganda Terms & Conditions - car hire with driver
1. “RTU” or the “Owner” means Roadtrip Uganda Limited;
“You” or the “Hirer” means the person(s) who have signed the Rental Agreement;
The “Rental Agreement” means the rental agreement made between You and the Owner;
The ‘’Driver ’’ means the person driving the car, appointed by RTU.
“RTU Insurance” means the insurance policy of RTU;
“Vehicle” means the vehicle which is rented by you, as described in your online reservation form.
2. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle on the agreed date, as specified in your online reservation form, before 7:00 PM, unless the Owner has specifically agreed otherwise. No refunds shall be given for early returns.
3. The Vehicle shall be operated by the RTU driver only. Other terms and conditions apply in case of self-drive rentals.
4. Any losses or serious damages of the camping gear shall be charged to the Hirer at replacement value.
5. The Vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel - petrol for Toyota RAV4 and diesel for Toyota Landcruiser - and shall be returned to the Owner with a full tank in order to prevent refueling charges.
6. The Hirer is required to fill up on fuel only at larger gas stations, such as Shell and Total. In some of the smaller gas stations, fuel can be mixed with other liquids or additives, which may seriously damage the Vehicle’s engine.
7. RTU strongly recommends NOT driving before sunrise (approx. 6.30 AM) and after sunset (approx. 6.30 PM).
8. The Hirer is not allowed to cross any international borders without prior written approval from the Owner and additional insurance coverage through the issuance of a valid COMESA yellow card.
9. In case of a mechanical breakdown of the Vehicle which cannot be repaired within 24 hours, a replacement Vehicle will be provided and paid for by the Owner on the shortest term possible.
10. The RTU Insurance follows and incorporates the terms and conditions of Sanlam General Insurance Uganda. Personal injury and/or belongings of the Hirer are not covered and fall under your medical and travel insurance.
II. Booking and payment details
11. When you have accepted the contract, we send you an invoice which should be paid latest two weeks before departure date.The invoice can be paid online by Credit Card, Paypal, Bank transfer (within Europe only) or Ideal ( Dutch customer only). Or you can pay cash on arrival in Euro’s, US Dollars or Ugandan Shilling.
III. Booking and payment details for accommodated roadtrips
12. A deposit of 25% is required to confirm to confirm the booking and reserve the lodges and purchase the permits. The invoice with the remaining amount added with the security bond amount, is due one month before departure. Payments can be made by Credit Card, Paypal, Bank transfer ( within Europe only) or Ideal ( Dutch customer only).
IV. Cancelation policy
13. For gorilla trekking permits, we adopt the cancelation policy of the Uganda Wildlife Authority:
a. 3 months / 91 days before trekking date: 70% refund
b. 46 - 90 days: 50%
c. 9 - 45 days: 25%
d. 0 - 8 days: no refund
16. For accommodated road trips:
a. cancellation after confirmation, loss of deposit of 25%
b. 14 days – 30 days before arrival: 50% of invoice amount minus the permits
c. < 14 days: 100% of total payable