Travel Kenya - Practical Information Guide
Exploring Kenya independently is great fun, but we also understand that planning a trip can be a bit overwhelming.
Before you head off, we recommend taking a moment to read through our Kenya travel guide. We have selected 12 important topics that contain information, practical tips and frequently asked questions about self-driving and independent travel in Kenya.
Ready to design your itinerary and wondering what places to visit in Madagascar? Then consult our Kenya Travel Blog. Here you'll find our destination guides on places to visit and things to do in Kenya.
12 things to keep in mind when travelling to Kenya
- Driving in Kenya - Find out about safety, road conditions, insurance coverage, which SIM card to buy, what to do in case of a breakdown - and much, much more.
- Planning your Kenya trip - Forget about Google Maps. Check our road trip planner with realistic driving times & distances to all the major places of interest in Kenya, so you can design a great and feasible Kenya travel itinerary.
- Restricted areas - We allow you to take our rental cars to all corners of Kenya. However, there are some limitations and off-limit areas when driving your Landcruiser.
- Car rental with driver-guide - Doubting whether to go on a self-drive holiday or use the services of a local knowledgeable driver-guide? We discuss what to expect when hiring our safari vehicles in Kenya with a driver-guide and give you a few tips to help you decide what suits you best.
- Check our car specification sheet and know what to expect when renting a Landcruiser in Kenya.
- Camping in Kenya - Are you planning a camping safari? Check camp gear for rent at Roadtrip Africa and find out what you should know when camping in Kenya.
- National Parks of Kenya - Don't miss out on Kenya's most beautiful national parks during your travels. Find an overview of the costs in our extensive guide, and read more on how to arrange your permits.
- Best time to visit Kenya - We understand that you might need help choosing the best time to visit Kenya. Find out all about dry season, rainy season, peak season, low season and timing your Kenya safari with the migration.
- How much to budget for your travel to Kenya? Read about it in our guide and know exactly what to expect.
- Kenya's entry requirements - Important information about entering Kenya and the type of visa you'll need.
- Safety - "Is Kenya a safe travel destination?" - a question we get asked frequently. We'll tell you all about safety in Kenya and what to keep in mind when travelling.
- Responsible Travel - We understand you might want to give away goodies or help locals while travelling. Read more about responsible travel in Kenya and find out what really helps.
Preparing for your trip to Kenya and can't find the answer to your question in the planning guide? Just contact our team at Roadtrip Africa. We're experts on self-drive safaris and travel in Kenya and are always happy to help.