Spec sheet: Landcruiser Hardtop
The classic Toyota Landcruiser Hardtop (Troopy model) is perfect for game viewing on safari. The Troopy has four window seats. The roof top lifts to give you a full 360-degree view around the vehicle. These vehicles can also carry one roof top tent, but than the pop-up roof can no longer be used. So you might want to consider renting a dome tent with camp gear instead.
Our Landcruisers are equipped with a long-range tank (140-180 litres of Diesel, about 1100-1300 km action radius), a strong 4.2cc diesel engine and as little electronics as possible. It's designed for off-road driving and can handle all the challenges you can expect when driving on Kenyan roads. Please take note that our vehicles are excellent maintained but not new, so the driving comfort on asphalt roads and quality of the audio or A/C is not comparable to a new car. You will not find new Landcruiser for rent for self drive trips in Kenya.
Read our specification sheet and know what to expect when renting a car from Roadtrip Africa.
Landcruiser Hardtop car specifications
- Model: Toyota Landcruiser Hardtop 75/78
- Year of Manufacture: 2004 -2009
- Capacity: four window seats.
- Gearbox: manual
- Engine: 1HZ 6 cylinder engine
- Tank capacity: 2x 80 Litre
- Fuel consumption: 7-8 km /L.
- 4Wheel Drive: Differs per vehicle. How to engage the 4WD is explained in the practical information booklet in your vehicle.
- Spare tyres: 2
- Tyre pressure: depending on number of people and load, 4.0 PSI in the front and 4.5 PSI in the back. You don’t need to do anything further with this. The tyre pressure comes well adjusted. On the road, check the tyre pressure when refuelling.
The interior and tools
- Pop up roof: yes. The pop-up roof can't be used when a rooftop tent is mounted.
- Inverter: yes, with socket and USB ports
- Dual battery: no
- Water tank: no
- A/C: no. Reason being that the A/C can get blocked easily as a result of the bumpy and dusty roads, and it's very challenging to fix this in the bush. Drive with your windows open.
- Radio with USB and audio port. Bring your own audio cable to play music from your phone.
- GPS built in:no
- Tools: Wheel spanner, towing rope, jumper cables, high-lift jack.
- Extra's: latest Lonely Planet Guide, roadmap, Roadtrip Kenya practical information manual.
Do you want to go on a self-drive adventure in Kenya? Check availability and secure your Landcruiser by filling out the bookings form here.