Spec sheet: Toyota Landcruiser Double Cabin
The Toyota Landcruiser Double Cab with customised canopy is a highly respected safari vehicle in Africa, with no electronics, and perfect to take on a bush camping safari.
Take note that our vehicles are very well maintained but NOT new, so the driving comfort and quality of the audio are not comparable to a new car you might drive at home or have rented in Southern Africa, where the roads are in better condition therefore putting much less wear and tear on the vehicles. The Landcruisers you see in Tanzania are made for the bush.
Read our specification sheet and know what to expect when renting a car from Roadtrip Africa.
Landcruiser Double Cabin Canopy
- Capacity: two front seats, one back row suitable for two persons, or three if you don’t mind one person sitting in the middle.
- Gearbox: manual
- Engine: 4,2 diesel engine
- Fuel tank:130L
- Fuel consumption: 7-8 km /L.
- 4Wheel Drive: Differs per vehicle. How to engage the 4WD is explained in the practical information booklet that comes with your vehicle.
- Spare tyres: 2
- Tyre pressure:depending on number of people and load, 3.0 PSI in the front and 3.5 PSI in the back. You don’t need to do anything further with this. The tyre pressure comes well adjusted.
The interior and tools
- Pop up roof: No. Roof hatch: yes, one in the front and one in the back row seat.
- Inverter: yes
- Dual battery (for fridge): yes
- Water tank: no, but portable jerry can will be provided
- Radio with small speakers and USB and audio port. Bring your own audio cable (mini jack) to play music from your phone.
- A/C: yes, but only in the front dashboard, so passengers on the last row will not notice the AC. The car is given out with a working AC. Please note that we don’t do field repairs or send a replacement vehicle in the rare case there is a problem with the A/C. Wiring and piping are sensitive and suffer from bumpy roads and dust. The knowledge and equipment to repair A/C's are sadly not available in the field.
- Booth: the Landcruiser Double Cab with customised canopy has the largest storage space of the entire fleet. The booth has built-in drawers, a water tank ( not drinking water), and a designated space for the electrical fridge and cooking utensils. The booth can fit camp gear and private luggage for up to 5 people.
- Tools: wheel spanner, towing rope, jumper cables, high-lift jack, shovel, fire extinguisher, reflector triangles, first aid kit, Bradt Travel Guide, practical information booklet.
- Rooftop tent: The Double Cab can fit two rooftop tents and hence sleep 4 people. When one rooftop tent is mounted to the vehicle, the hatch for game viewing can still be used. Note that camp gear equipment is hired separately, and not included in the car rental rate.