Travel Tanzania - Practical Information Guide
Exploring Tanzania independently is great fun, but we also understand that planning a trip can be overwhelming. Before you head off, we recommend taking a moment to read through our Tanzania guidelines. We have selected 12 important topics that contain information, practical tips and frequently asked questions about self-driving and independent travel in Tanzania.
12 things to keep in mind when travelling to Tanzania,
- Driving in Tanzania - Find out about safety, road conditions, insurance coverage, which SIM card to buy, what to do in case of a breakdown - and much, much more.
- Planning your Tanzania trip - Forget about Google Maps. Check our road trip planner with realistic driving times & distances to all the major places of interest in Tanzania, so you can design a great and feasible Tanzania travel itinerary.
- Restricted areas - We allow you to take our rental cars to all corners of Tanzania. Only, there are some limitations and off-limit areas when driving a Toyota RAV4.
- Car rental with driver-guide - Doubting whether to go on a self-drive holiday or use the services of a local knowledgeable driver-guide? We discuss what to expect when hiring Roadtrip Africa's safari vehicles in Tanzania with a driver-guide and give you a few tips to help you decide what suits you best.
- Which car should you choose for your Tanzania holiday? Find spec sheets of Roadtrip Tanzania's rental cars here: Toyota Landcruiser Double Cabin, Toyota Landcruiser Hardtop, and Toyota RAV4.
- Camping in Tanzania - Are you planning a camping safari? Check out the camp gear for hire at Roadtrip Africa and our practical tips and information about camping in Tanzania.
- National Parks of Tanzania - Don't miss out on Tanzania's most beautiful national parks during your travels. Find an overview of the costs in our extensive guide, and read more on how to arrange your permits.
- Best time to visit Tanzania - We understand that you might need help choosing the best time to visit Tanzania. Find out all about dry season, rainy season, peak season and low season and timing your Tanzania safari with the migration.
- How much to budget for your travel to Tanzania? Read about it in our guide.
- Tanzania's entry requirements - Important information about entering Tanzania and the type of visa you'll need.
- How to get to Zanzibar - thinking of finishing off your Tanzania safari with some time at the beach. Check out the most reliable domestic airlines and ferries to Zanzibar.
- Responsible travel - We understand you might want to give away goodies or help locals while travelling. Read more about responsible travel in Tanzania and find out what really helps.
Preparing for your trip to Tanzania, and can't find the answer to your question in the planning guide? Just contact our team at Roadtrip Africa. We're experts on self-drive safaris and travel in Tanzania, and we're always happy to help.