Travel Uganda - Practical Information Guide
Exploring Uganda independently is great fun, but we know that planning a trip can also be a bit overwhelming.
Our 10 years of experience in the field has shown that travellers who trust us with their planning and book their road trips and accommodation with us (either with or without a driver-guide), tend to enjoy the most fulfilling and complete experiences in Uganda. Need a hand in organizing your adventurous roadtrip? Our self-drive tours in Uganda are a great way for you to combine the freedom of road-tripping with the comfort of a well-planned trip.
Prefer to rent a 4x4 and plan your own adventure? Awesome! Before you head off, we recommend taking a moment to read through our Uganda guidelines. We have selected 11 important topics that contain information, practical tips and frequently asked questions about self-driving and independent travel in Uganda.
12 things to keep in mind when travelling to Uganda
- Driving in Uganda - Find out about safety, road conditions, insurance coverage, which SIM card to buy, what to do in case of a breakdown - and much, much more.
- Planning your Uganda trip - Forget about Google Maps. Check our road trip planner with realistic driving times & distances to all the major places of interest in Uganda, so you can design a great and feasible Uganda travel itinerary.
- Car rental with driver-guide - Doubting whether to go on a self-drive holiday or use the services of a local knowledgeable driver-guide? We discuss what to expect when hiring Roadtrip Africa's safari vehicles in Uganda with a driver-guide and give you a few tips to help you decide what suits you best.
- Which car to choose for your Uganda holiday? Find spec sheets of Roadtrip Uganda's rental cars here: Toyota Hilux Double Cab, Toyota Landcruiser Box, Toyota Landcruiser Troopy and Toyota RAV4
- Camping in Uganda - Are you planning a camping safari? Check our camp gear for rent at Roadtrip Africa and things to know when you want to go camping in Uganda.
- National Parks of Uganda - Don't miss out on Uganda's most beautiful national parks during your travels. Find an overview of the costs in our extensive guide, and read more on how to arrange your permits.
- Gorilla & Chimpanzee Trekking in Uganda - Find out everything you need to know when preparing for your gorilla and chimpanzee trekking in Uganda. Includes information on how to obtain your trekking permits, the costs, minimum age, and the best trekking locations.
- Best time to visit Uganda - We understand that you might need help choosing the best time to visit Uganda. Find out all about dry season, rainy season, peak season and low season.
- How much to budget for your travel to Uganda? Read about it in our guide and know exactly what to expect.
- Uganda's entry requirements - Important information about entering Uganda and the type of visa you'll need.
- Responsible travel - We understand you might want to give away goodies or help locals while travelling. Read more about responsible travel in Uganda and find out what really helps.
- Safety - "Is Uganda a safe travel destination?" - We'll tell you all about safety in Uganda with up-to-date information and what to keep in mind when travelling.
Preparing for your trip to Uganda, and can't find the answer to your question in the planning guide? Just contact our team at Roadtrip Uganda. We're experts on self-drive safaris and travel in Uganda, and we're always happy to help.